The portion cutter has been designed to meet the requirements of the small to medium sized abattoir.
It can portion up to 1500 birds per day.
- o Forms an integral part of the packing section of the abattoir
- o The main function is to add value to the product and to salvage healthy portions of chickens damaged during processing
- o As a self-standing machine, the space and cost of the table which supports a normal table model portion cutter is saved.
- o Portioning chickens takes about 20 sec
- o Portion cutters may be arranged back to back to form a very compact cut-up section
- o Cutting is done by a rotating blade at the motor speed of 1400 RPM through an extension shaft that is shrunk onto the motor shaft.
- o The blade is made from heat treated stainless steel and is 210 mm in diameter.
- o The frame is made up of heavy section steel that is welded and hot-dip galvanised
- o A rack is provided on either side of the main frame. The rack on the left holds the crates for whole birds and the rack on the right is for portions.
- o The guide bar and area bellow the cutting blade is cover in stainless steel working surface
- o The guide is inclined at a 15 degree angle
- o To facilitate cleaning and sterilizing of guide bar and blade cover, they are removable which enhances the hygienic aspect of the machine.